Bonhoeffer uses a similar phrase 'worldly Christianity'. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Grandfather names

1. Grandpa
2. Grandpop
3. Grandad (what I called my father's dad)
4. Granfer (West country, what I called my father's mother's father, what my boys called my father)
5. Gransha (South Walian, the way my mother's mother referred to my grandfather)
6. Bampie (South Walian, what I actually called my mother's father)
7. Taid (North Walian, what my boys call their mother's father)
8. Tad-cu (South Walian)
9. Gramps
10. Pops

No comments: