I think I've spotted a new trend. You no longer say a person is not any good at their job, you say, rather, that they are not fit to be doing it. It's a stronger statement but I wonder if it really helps. Here are ten real (though not very well doccumented examples).
1. We have long known Donald Trump is unfit for office. (Daily Mirror)
2. SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford has said Theresa May is “not fit for office” due to her conduct throughout the Brexit process. (Press and Journal)
3. The leader of the Labour Party Jeremy Corbyn says Boris Johnson is not fit for the office of prime minister and thinks he is above the law. (BBC) "If he can't stand the scrutiny of his peers then he is not fit for office." .
4. Tom Watson. Sir Richard Henriques "By misusing his public office to recklessly repeat false allegations, and to characterise himself as a victim, he has shown that he is unfit to hold the office of MP." (The Times)
5. Trevor Kavanagh "The fact is Corbyn was never fit to be PM, even before he entered Parliament half a century ago as a Che Guevara lookalike. Indeed, he is unfit for office of any kind, not because of failing memory, a saggy eye muscle or a rumoured mini-stroke. He is unsuited because he regards all Britain’s enemies as his friends and prizes the IRA, Hamas and even Putin’s Kremlin above the interests of the country he aspires to lead."
6. "Remove John Bercow speaker of The House of Commons. He's not impartial & unfit for office" Online petition.
7. The Home Secretary Sajid Javid has proved himself to be ‘unprincipled and unfit to hold one of the great offices of state’ after turning the UK’s back on opposing the death penalty, according to the lawyer. Ben Emmerson QC.
8. Priti Patel is not only not fit to be Tory Leader, she is not fit to be trusted with any kind of ministerial office. She is unfit to serve and should be removed from Parliament. Found on a blog by a man from Crewe.
9/10. A vicar who says his disclosures about being sexually abused as a teenager were ignored by senior clerics has told an inquiry the archbishops of Canterbury and York are not "fit for office".