The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day September 6 2015

Unusually yesterday I started new series both morning and evening. In the morning I began a series on Revelation, just taking the first eight verses and giving three reasons why we should study the book and take it to heart. In the evening we took in the opening chapter of Judges and went as far as 2:5 seeking to apply the data the fight against sin. We closed with Onward Christian soldiers! I have preached on both books in the past - Revelation back in 1999/early 2000 and Judges before that (I also dipped into Revelation 2 and 3 in 2010). Being the first Sunday of the month we began the day with communion. I read Psalm 22. Attendances were quite good.

No comments: