The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Madlib Example


If you've never played Madlibs you can so do so online here. Here's one I did myself earlier.

Ladies and gentlemen, on this orthopaedic occasion, it is a privilege to address such an ugly-looking group of giraffes. I can tell from your smiling aftershave bottles that you will support my neurotic program in the coming election. I promise that, if elected, there will be a knee in every typewriter and two alarm clocks in every garage. I want to warn you against my thunderous opponent, Mr Bloggy. This man is nothing but an indelible ocean. He has a cantankerous character and is working pudding in glove with the criminal element. If elected, I promise to eliminate vice. I will keep the earlobes in the public till. I promise you gigantic government, omnivorous taxes, and bungling schools.

No comments: