The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Kenyan weather and food

It was quite hot in Kenya, of course. The heat is dry, however, not too humid and there is always a breeze from the east so not bad really (the terrain is Savannah grassland).
The staple meal is rice (wali) with beans but we also often had meat. Ugali is a stodgy fairly tasteless mix of maize flour and water. There are plenty of bananas, mangoes and avocados. I had chappatis quite often. They love their chai (usually made all in one with milk and sugar). I had mandaazi once (unsweetened doughnuts). I was also given fried goat liver with fried intestines (matumbo ya mbuzi) in one place. Quite tasty. I ate well.

No comments: