The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Eruv of my ways

In this shot of our chapel I have highlighted the poles and wire that cross the entrance to the Close (double click to see a bigger picture). These are part of the eruv or border that has been made around the area enabling certain orthodox Jews to do certain things on the Jewish Sabbath that they would not normally be allowed to do. I have been this morning with a student film maker interested in doing a documentary on the subject as there is currently talk of another one in the St Johns Wood area. For more on eruvs see here on Wikipedia.

No comments: