The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting April 29 2015

Another decent turn out and a good time of prayer as we carried on through Philippians 3. This time verses 4-9. Not long before leaving I checked my Facebook and found an unexpected but encouraging message from a German fellow who turned up here a while back. What he had to say chimed in perfectly with the passage. He wrote
"Hi gary, this is **** from Germany. I attended childshill Baptist church about two years ago. Just want to briefly tell you what great things the Lord has done in my life. Last year he blessed me with a really good results in my a levels ... and led me to study medicine in a town close to where i grew up that also has a small reformed congregation with faithful preaching and good fellowship. I am so thankful for that! Well and most prominently He saved me last Winter. I was finally able to trust in the finished work of Christ after subconsciously (he means unconsciously) having tried to present my 'righteousness' before the Lord. I always thought i had to scrub up before coming to Him. Now i know that I come to Him just as i am and let Him change me. Praise be to God the father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself to redeem us from this present evil age. Hope to see you all again soon!
God's grace be with you!"

No comments: