The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Retro Abum "of the week" 40 Me Myself I

Me Myself I by Joan Armatrading was released in 1980, and this studio album became her most successful in terms of chart success, reaching No 5 in her native UK and No 28 in the USA. It was certified "Gold" in the UK by the BPI in July 1980. The title track became one of her most successful singles, peaking at No 21 in the UK (It was also used as the soundtrack to an Australian movie of the same name in 1999). One of the nice things about the track Me Myself I is that you're never sure how much irony there is in it. Maybe she is Greta Garbo redivivus. Other stand out tracks are All the way from America, Turn out the light and Feeling in my heart (for you). I need you performed with a string quartet is quite powerful and very sad.

No comments: