The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day November 29 2015

It was okay yesterday thought I felt that in the evening we were asking a lot by seeking to cover all the way from Judges 10:1-12:7. I didn't want to drag the story of Jephthah out over more than one Sunday. Anyway, we came though it and I hope the fairly modest evening congregation got on with it quite well. We started the day with the last Bitesize Theology Class - on the Second Coming, appropriately enough. I preached in the morning meeting from Revelation 5 and again we were in another atmosphere as we contemplated Christ the Lord of history.

No comments: