The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day September 3 2016


We began with communion. I think we were around 16 or so for that. Over 40 am and under 20 pm service. Some visitors, some newcomers, some missing for various reasons. I preached again on judgement. Still not easy but a good subject to be handling. In the evening we looked at sef denial, which is such a challenging subject again, I wasn't quite happy with it. Had one of my coughing turn in the morning but got through it. No-one wanted to go home am or pm. We tried having coffee in the main auditorium rather than at the back. That helped.

No comments: