The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting Wednesday September 6 2017

We managed to get 10 along this week thanks to a newcomer. Encouraging. (An Iranian man phoned earlier about coming but he didn't show). We looked one more time at the subject of hell, working our way through the verses in Luke 17. It was again a sobering subject. Nearly everyone prayed (my wife told me later she was going to pray but there was no time - I should have got us praying earlier). Our prayers ranged far and wide. There is never a shortage of things to pray for.

No comments: