The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Beatles Body Parts


1. Hand
I wanna hold your hand (Also Eleanor Rigby (Father McKenzie wiping the dirt from his hands as he walks from the grave)
2. Face
I've just seen a face
Also A day in the life (They'd seen his face before Nobody was really sure if he was from the House of Lords and Dragged a comb across my head)
3. Ears
Across the universe (Sounds of laughter shades of life are ringing Through my open ears inciting and inviting me)
4. Eyes
All my loving (Close your eyes and I'll kiss you)
5. Nose
Mean Mr Mustard (Keeps a ten bob note up his nose)
6. Hair
Here there and everywhere (There, running my hands through her hair)
7. Arms [and finger]

Happiness is a warm gun (When I hold you in my arms (Oo-oo oh yeah) And I feel my finger on your trigger (Oo-oo oh yeah))
8. Legs
Rocky Raccoon (Rocky had come, equipped with a gun To shoot off the legs of his rival)
9. Knee
Back in the USSR (On the way the paper bag was on my knee)
10. Feet
Lady Madonna (Children at your feet)

No comments: