The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day off week 27 2019


I made the mistake last Tuesday of not having much of a plan for the day. As I think I've mentioned before, even free time needs to be organised for it to work. I had planned to read a book but it was not quite what I thought it was so that did not work out. I did go out fora coffee and back here I did some blogging on the various blogs and some tidying and one or two jobs that needed doing. In the afternoon my friend Chris phoned and we had a good chat. I was able to put his mind to rest regarding two songs going round his head (There is a mountain by Donovan and Joy to the world by Three dog night so I'm useful for something). He also had bad news,which coupled with other recent bad news regarding Christian ministers was rather depressing to hear. In the evening I watched England USA  in the women's world cup.It was disappointing to see England lose, especially with a missed penalty (their disallowed goal was clearly offside).

No comments: