The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day February 25 2024


Busy day last Sunday as I not only preached morning adn evening in Childs Hill but in the afternoon also for the Korean church that uses our building in the afternoons. Their pastor is in Korea having an eye operation. Lovely to be with them. Our morning congregation was again a little lower than it has been (still half term?). Yet another new Iranian there - will we see him again? Another Iranian has just been moved a further hour out so I'm not ure if we will see much of her again. I carried on in the Sermon on the Mount and in the evening gave my penultimate sermon on Job.

No comments: