The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 12 2024


There was some waiting to do yesterday. In the morning for the gas man to fix a leaking boiler, which he wasn't able to do and will have to come back. Then later it was for a new microwave we have bought. I eventually got oout to West Hampsted and had a coffee and bought some cheese (apres soleil - see here). Otherwise, I was working on blogs (especially here), reading the Mike Parker book and watching University Challenge, which I wasn't abe to the day before. On Monday and Tuesday this week I have unusually bought The Times newspaper. I bought them chiefly for the full page obituaries of rockstar Steve Harley and IRA supporter Rose Dugdale. Yesterday I also did several of the puzzles.

No comments: