The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day March 10 2024



We were a decent number Sunday morning but I've just been counting up who was missing and it reaches double figures. We have lost four Iranian refugees who have had to move hotel. There were another 16 at least away for various reasons. It is hard to keep up. I preached the next section in the Sermon on the Mount and in the evening I started a series on famous texts, beginning with John 3:16. I'd hoped to entice sime people oout who don't aready come but it was a wet old day.

No comments: