The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 35 2024


We're beginning to get back into routine after the holidays and so last week I had a marked day off. Unusually, beside the usual coffee and reading and a little work ona writing project I have in hand I actually spent time with my wife. It was our anniversary and so we arranged to go in to town. First we ate at Zizzi's on Wigmore Street (with some help from Tesco's vouchers) and then we went to see Hello Dolly with Imelda Staunton at the Palladium. My wife is the musical fan. I couldn't get beyond admiring it. Musicals just don't do it for me. Excellent production I could see, though, and enjoyed the theme song in the second half.

No comments: