The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Things found ina drawer (5, 6)

Next we have a couple of matching ornaments that were my mother's. She loved glass things and had a Swarowski collection. Perhaps these were designed as paperweights. The second item is a clothes brush. If the story is correct, when I was in my early teens my friend, Stephen Price, found an ad offering a mystery parcel for £1. We put in 50p each and received a parcel of plastic fruit, etc, which we then needed to divide between us. I later added a Jesus sticker to this item in my early enthusiasm for Christ.

No comments: