The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Taith Cerdded

We were on our annual walk this morning. Ostensibly it is a sponsored walk for the Welsh School but we mainly enjoy the walking and talking. It has been on nearby Hampstead Heath in recent years. It is not normally this late but the weather was so pleasant out there no one complained. The Autumn colours are wonderful. Whenever I go on the Heath I think to myself I must use it more. Perhaps I will. We always see someone famous up there. Last year it was broadcaster Melvyn Bragg. This time it was the actor and comedian Les Dannis. More on the heath here. And here. London Welsh School here. And here.

No comments: