The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day July 15 2012

So another good day with the Lord's people in Childs Hill. We were a little down in numbers for various reasons. We looked again at angels and that was interesting. In the evening we took a break from Numbers to look at Luke 9:23-26. I have been thinking about the subject of self-denial recently and thought it might be good to tackle this seminal text. I'd hoped to say something fresh but I don't think there was anything new there. We had communion beforehand and I used some remarks from Thomas Doolittle to guide us, which I might post elsewhere. Oh yes, we also started on a Bible verse learning strand with 2 Corinthians 5:17.

No comments: