The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Fraternal

I'm getting back to going to the fraternal that meets in Finchley on Tuesday mornings so it was good to be there with about 14 others to hear Ken Brownell speak on multicultural churches. We were all in broad agreement that churches should be formed of all sorts nor necessarily homogeneous. I was keen to face up to the real difficulties this entails. I thought we were a little naïve perhaps. There we are, stimulating to talk. I think we are to meet again in November. 

No comments: