The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day May 8, 2016

We looked at Revelation 21 in the morning all the way through to 22:5. It was a little long and I wonder if I might have split it up. It would have to be three I guess not two. Anyway wonderful subject matter and I hope a blessing to all. In the afternoon we had tea together and that was a nice relaxed time. I really enjoyed preaching in the evening on Matthew 8:5-13 as it took us into various areas including what faith in Christ is really all about. As for attendance, it was all a bit random with people missing and others there who I'm not sure how they are getting on. It is hard to keep up.

No comments: