The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting November 20, 27 December 4 2019


Not quite sure why I keep forgetting to write these up. Certainly last week (December 4) was difficult as always as I have to rush home from the conference, grab tea and then go. Fitting in time to prepare is also not easy. Anyway, there were 10 there and similar numbers the weeks before I am sure. On December 4 our old friend, my former assistant Andrew Lolley was with us and that was good. Of course, I can't remember much about November 20 and 27 but I know what we studied (1 Timothy 1:12 to 2:7) and I know that we prayed and that is always good. Part of the focus this time was the coming election, partly in light of the passage we looked at.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is very good website and your blog is very nice.
Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India
satta king
play bazaar