The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day off Week 51 2019


Yesterday started early as I needed to take Eleri to school. She wasn't coming home directly but going on to a pantomime in Richmond. (Oh yes she was). I was also taxi driver for my son later as he had to have a tooth extracted. It was good to have another son back from Wales yesterday. He spent the day on the bus. During the day I was mostly reading Christmas stories on my kindle and listening to my vast collection of Christmas music. I must admit I did put some time in on Sunday's sermon as I had not got started on Monday. In the evening I wrote up some researches I had done on Monday at the Evangelical Library. See here for example.

No comments: