The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting February 5 2020


I think we were eight at the latet Wednesday night meeting. We looked at the klast three verses of 1 Timothy and I again took no manuscript, although I did have to refer to a scrap of paper reminding of the different ways people take the poem at the very end of the chapter. We began by sining Vernon Higham's Great is the gospel. We had a lively time of prayer following the Bible study and most people prayed. We finished in good time.

No comments: