The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting July 1 2020


It was zoom time once again last Wednesday night. We managed to get to the end of 1 Chronicles 2. I had three straightforward points - A backdrop to appreciate, sadness to contemplate and people to emulate but it was still hard going. I need to work harder on these things. We were able to pray for a good time and numbers were good once again.

1 comment:

I. D Olayiwola said...

Could you please share little info on the points you mentioned?

I will like to know about the backdrop to appreciate, sadness to contemplate and the people to emulate.

Thanks Gary Brady