The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Blog of the Week 16


It's been a funny week so I have failed to give you a blog of the week. Perhaps I can slip this one in here, therefore.

Some old Jokes

Hey folks, here are some jokes,
You know it's not a hoax.
I hope that no-one chokes
As my blog some joy provokes

This blog was started in April 2017 and is a repository for old jokes (as the title suggests). I like jokes but am not very good at remembering them unless I get a good trigger. There are over 100 entries and so well over a hundred jokes. The hit count is low - about 1700. It can be found here. (Go on - you know you want to). Most popular post on the blog is a Trappist monk joke I heard years ago You can find it here. Any suggestions for material would be appreciated. One day I will have a look at humour in the Bible, perhaps.

No comments: