The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 37 2020


We haven't been having organised days off over the holiday period but as part of getting back into some sort of routine I tried this week to have an organised one. My thinking I remind any readers is as I am convinced it is best for me and hopefully sets a good example to others. It was not easy to to get into this week so I dabbled rather with some reading (Moby Dick and church history) some TV (a Scandi-drama on catch up) some telephoning (including a nice Facetime with my youngest grandson missing his brothers at school and not quite getting it). I also started on a miniature oil painting for my own amusement. It was warm out and I went for a coffee and did the crossword, etc.

No comments: