The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting September 2 2020

 


We had a great prayer meeting the other Wednesday. I prayed a little long to begin and I thought I'd messed it up but no first the men prayed then the women. One more prayer was a little long but I really felt we had got through. Before that we looked once again at Romans 8:28 with Thomas Watson and the subject of loving God. (Apologies for being way behind; we're getting back into stride slowly).

No comments: