The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Still Available


This is just a  reminder that the book is still available. I had a lovely note from someone who has been using it, recently.
"Just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you for your little book ‘pastoral for pastors.’ ... it has been a real life saver. It has helped me refocus and regain perspective on the call to the ministry and its priorities.
It’s a really lovely and unique little book. ..."
I wish we could get it out to more pastors.

No comments: