The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day November 28 2021



I wore some new boots Sunday but my heel was rubbing. How distracting. Yet once you're there ready to preach it seems to go out of your mind thankfully. We had a fair number morning and evening. Just a few on zoom. I decided to preach a Proverb in the morning and a Psalm in the evening. So it was a pointed textual sermon from Proverbs 21:2 in the morning and Psalm 144 in the evening and it went okay I thought - interesting, lively. It's getting colder and the news is bleak but God's word continues to go out.

No comments: