The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 38 2023

Nice day off this week. Fairly typical in its make up, although there was some blogging and one or two other things as well as a trip to the dentist for a check up but I read a large chunk of R C Sproul's Hard Sayings and an art book featuring the unique Arcimboldo, a sort of surrealist before his time. I also spent some time in West Hampstead. I checked out the butcher and delicatessen and got a present for my son's birthday and some fancy cheese for the cheese blog (Aarewasser). Also went to Chipotle for lunch and picked up a second hand book (a book of essays by Primo Levi Other people's trades).

No comments: