The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day October 22 2023


I was not preaching last Lords Day in the morning. It's a weird feeling waking up and not having to preach but not being on holiday either. Anyway Eddie preached well from Haggai. Perhaps it could have been simpler. We had about 11 Iranians present (three were away). Three we haven't seen in a while. One family is currently homeless and so it was good to see them at least. Our seven Filipinos made a sharp exit together. Integrating the different groups is not easy. I preached to a smaller congregation in the evening from Job again with my revised approach to Elihu. I need to be simpler.
 

No comments: