The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 40 2024


More like the usual day off pattern on Tuesday, although early on I had to be at the doctor's for a blood test. When I came back I went to my study in the chapel and threw away another pile of sermons. This time it was handwritten ones and that was hard. During the day I read, had a coffee and looked at today's Times (as it had an obituary for Kris Kristofferson). I also tried to make prgress on this project I have to complete in the month or two. In the evening we watched the first episode of Ludwig with David Mitchell and enjoyed it mostly. Then the itv news and sleep.

No comments: