The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 things that Jesus provides as noted by Charles Wesley

Charles Wesley Unknown Artist via Wikipedia

He provides, according to Wesley, 
  1. (Thou hidden source of) calm repose
  2. Thou all sufficient love divine
  3. (My) help and refuge from my foes (Secure I am if Thou art mine)
  4. And lo from sin and grief and shame I hide me Jesus in Thy name (because) Thy mighty name Salvation is And keeps my happy soul above
  5. Comfort it brings
  6. and power
  7. and peace
  8. And joy
  9. and everlasting love
  10. To me with Thy dear name are given Pardon ...
(Two more: and holiness and heaven (Jesu my all in all))

No comments: