The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.
Lord's Day August 16 2026
Numbers were not great yesterday even in the morning. New people around, though - a new Iranian, Ali, who is seeking the truth. At the end of the service a Nigerian arrived. He'd been invited by someone not there. Perhaps he'll come again. Even when the service was completely over another Iranian arrived and prayed. Sadly, our aylum seekers did nt return. Other Iranians were there. One told me I'd be missed because I am charismatic! He clarified that he meant having an ability to easily attract, please and inspire others, not amything theological. I preached on the famous and spectacular Ezekiel 37:1-14 and the forgotten and ordinary Ezekiel 37:15-28. We took communion together in the evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment