The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Newly released CDs

 
Two of my musical heroes have CDs out this month. First Jan Akkerman has a new CD of live performances in the North Sea Jazz Legendary Concerts series. This must be from 2011. It is nothing too special but gives an idea of Akkerman live as he is these days. I found it in mp3 form on Amazon UK for £5.99. Then here I see all of Marc Bolan's recordings at the BBC have been put together in a six CD set. Interesting.

No comments: