The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting November 1 2017


Somehow there were 12 there on Wednesday, which was very encouraging. We were in Leviticus 18, highly topical this week with all the media attention on politicians and sexual harassment. I tackled the passage in a rather pedestrian way I suppose, which is the way in which it is set down but perhaps a bit more flare could have been employed on my part. Our chief problems do not lie in the are of incest but elsewhere, I would guess and I should have reflected that. Anyway, we had a good prayer time to follow. I had to allow an extra five or ten minutes to fit everything in.

No comments: