The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 30

I started my day off this week by slipping in the shower. Not a good start. Anyway, I decided to walk the final part of the northern Thames Path. I got the train to Canary Wharf and had a coffee then headed to Blackwall DLR where I began again on the route. It is quite built up in that area and I found it difficult to stick to the Thames even though I did many many steps. In the end I got back on the DLR at Royal Victoria and headed first to West Silvertown where I snapped the Tate & Lyle factory and then on to Pontoon Dock and the Thames Barrier. So it has been an interesting exercise walking along the Thames. I wonder if I'll manage the southern route before I move. The rest if the day there was time for reading, etc. Eleri was out for the evening.

Trinity Lightship/SS Robin

On the Prime Meridian
Thames Barrier Park
Tate & Lyle
Thames Barrier

No comments: