The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Best ofs 04


The eighties was definitely not my period musically but somehow Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark sneaked under the radar and I bought The Best of OMD first on vinyl (18 tracks) then CD (20 tracks). More here. I don't know much about them and there aren't quite seven tracks I really like, but I do like these six.
1. Talking loud and clear
2. Electricity
3. Joan of Arc
4. Maid of Orleans
5. Tesla Girls
6. Enola Gay

No comments: