The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

American Pie


In light of recent posts on Don McLean and Buddy Holly I thought this attempt may be of interest. A little long I'm sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome video,
I spotted a few things they missed.

- Lennon could be interpreted as Lenin.
- The joker's 'cast' refers to Dylan's motorbike accident.
- 'There we were all in one place' reference to Acts 2:1b
- They suggest different people who could be the three men I admire the most, the father son and holy ghost. It could also be the remaining members of the band - The Crickets.

Hmmm...

Gary Brady said...

Yes I noticed that the reference to the motorbike accident was not there. Glad someone's on my wavelength - nature or nurture? (Weloch chi heno).