The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Afon Lwyd

Had a nice day in Cwmbran on Monday with the family. Walked along the Afon Lwyd (Grey River - so named from the days of industrial revolution). A warm day for October. Popped into Trowbridge en route home.

2 comments:

Gary Benfold said...

Hi Gary,

I had meant to congratulate in advance for 'a long obedience in the same direction' - but please take these belated greetings instead. The Lord bless you and Eleri for your faithfulness.

Are Geoff's messages from the weekend available? And - can you persuade him to get back to his blog?

Gary Brady said...

Hi Gary
Thanks. You've been at it longer than me but in two places. Strangely, I've probably preached to more different congregations though (over 200 at least). Recordings are available but not so easily. I'll enquire. As for his blog ...