The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Woodpecker

I was in the park yesterday and a green coloured bird flew by a short distance away. I'm no bird expert but when it then landed on a nearby tree I could see it was a green woodpecker. It was a joy to behold. I have seen one before; a lesser spotted too. One of the things about London is that you do so see a good variety of bird life - pigeons, jays, magpies, wood pigeons, ducks, wrens, tits, etc - more than I used to see back home when I was surrounded by countryside. More on green woodpeckers here at wikipedia.

No comments: