The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Best ofs 07

Although no-one's actually contacted me I can guess that many of you are wondering what ever happened to the best of series of albums here (the last one was back in September I am surprised to realise). No? Anyway what happened was that I thought the Monkees would make a good next item. I really enjoyed their TV show as a kid. Anyway when I got the CD out (Definitive Monkees - one CD not the boxed set) and downloaded it I found that I was unfamiliar with half of the 29 songs on there (I'd previously had a smaller vinyl collection). In the end my top ten is not changed though I've enjoyed listening to some of the lesser known stuff on there over recent months. My top 10 goes

1. I'm a believer
2. Day dream believer
3. Monkees theme
4. A little bit me, a little bit you
5. I'm not your stepping stone
6. Last train to Clarksville
7. Pleasant Valley Sunday
8. I wanna be free
9. Words
10. Listen to the band

2 comments:

Guy Davies said...

What about "She"?

Gary Brady said...

I decided on Words over She but I'm not sure