The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Weird thing

[Keith, no Ken Turner]
I haven't mentioned that while we were in High Leigh there was another conference taking place. This was the Genesis Kinds conference organised by Bryan College's Centre for Origins Research and others. We were invited to attend any of their sessions when we were free (not something I was able to do).
Anyway shortly after they arrived I looked across the room and had that strange experience when you unexpectedly see someone you know and can't quite place them. The extra weird thing here was that as I began to think I was seeing my wife's cousin's husband Keith Turner I slowly realised it was in fact his twin brother Kenneth.
Kenneth Turner is Associate Professor of Bible at Bryan College, Tennessee, where he primarily teaches Hebrew, Old Testament and theology courses (those boys have a thing for language - should hear Keith's Welsh!). Kenneth's main interest is Old Testament Theology. We've only met twice before but it was good just to shake hands and chat a bit.

No comments: