The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Of a different stripe

I recently saw two things that I enjoyed. The first was actually on the side of a clipper lorry and was a rhino front and a zebra back combined. The above probably makes the point about strength and speed better. Then I also saw this Paul Smith T-shirt design, which I thought was funny at the time. Only looking at it again did I get the cat bit. Just to add that I found a stripe generator here.

No comments: