The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Silly puns on nations 01

1. I've often be'n in Benin
2. You can go to the Congo
3. I want to go to Togo
4. I live here in Libya
5. There are more issues to be dealt with in Mauritius
6. I've gone to Uganda - you gone der too?
7. You sing in Tunisia, getting the tune is ya thing
8. He was in Somalia somewhere living under some alias or other
9. I collected sea shells in the Seychelles
10. May 'ot weather be your experience in Mayotte
(I did this a while ago but forgot about it until the Olympics brought it all back)

No comments: