The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Ten Hymns by Philip P Bliss

Bliss was the author of many tunes still used today (With harps and with viols, It is well, etc) and some of his words are still sung too such as these
 
1. Almost persuaded now to believe
2. Dare to be a Daniel, dare to stand alone
3. Free from the Law, O happy condition
4. Man of sorrows (Hallelujah! What a Saviour)
5. I am so glad that Jesus loves me
6. More holiness give me, more strivings within 
7. I will sing of my Redeemer
8. Seeking to save, seeking to save
9. Whosoever will, whosoever will 
10. Wonderful words of life (Sing them over again to me)

No comments: