There's a lot of talk of weddings this month with us. It made me think of the different parts.
- maid to the bride (originally of marriageable age)
2. Maid of honour - Chief bridesmaid
3. Matron of honour - Chief bridesmaid if married
4. Flower girl - Girl carrying flowers
- Boy playing similar role
6. Ring bearer
or coin bearer - Pageboy playing a more specific part
7. Bridesman - Male Bridesmaid
(US) or Usher - Responsible for showing people to their seats
9. Best man
- The Groom's friend
10. Best woman or Groomsgirl - Female Best man
Bonhoeffer uses a similar phrase 'worldly Christianity'. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.