The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day July 16 2017


We were not many Sunday evening, about 12, but in the morning we were packed out - eventually - even with many away. There were some new comers - two lots of two Africans. I didn't get to speak to the one pair but I did meet two South African ladies (one is from Botswana). The most encouraging thing today is that a lady who came for the first time during our mission came again for the first time in a while. I was sorry not to ahve seen her and thought perhaps she wasn't so interested but in fact she has been unwell all this while and was very glad to be back. I preached in the morning on Romans 6:23. It was so encouraging to be preaching on such a verse with such a person present. In the evening we looked at another aspect of Christian living and at union with Christ.

No comments: